Biola University, One of “America’s Best Colleges”

Aug. 21, 2009 By Jenna Bartlo

As Biola University welcomes the class of 2013, Biola is once again ranked as one of “America’s Best Colleges”, per US News & World Report rankings released Thursday, August 20, 2009. A higher rate of students arriving on campus today will graduate from Biola than the average college, according to the US News results showing Biola as having the third highest retention rate in its tier.

As the longest standing Council for Christian Colleges and Universities member school to be classified as a national university by US News, Biola remains true to providing academic excellence and vocational preparation. US News uses quantitative data that assesses universities’ performance in everything from graduation and retention rates to faculty resources, measuring a maximum of 15 indicators of academic performance, resulting in 75 percent of the overall score. The remaining 25 percent is based on peer-assessment surveys.

Although the survey is based solely on data, much of the Biola experience and cause for Biola’s high retention rate is Biola’s commitment to providing a biblically centered education. Biola is one of the top 15 California colleges with the highest graduation rates, according to The Sacramento Bee.

“Biola is a vibrant biblical university, committed to knowing and living out God’s Word and God’s view of the world compelling our community of scholars—both faculty and student—toward academic excellence,” said President Barry H. Corey.

Biola has consistently ranked high in areas of student satisfaction and academic performance by accrediting agencies and national research groups.

The America’s Best Colleges 2010 rankings will be published in the September issue of U.S. News & World Report.

Written by Jenna Bartlo, Media Relations Coordinator. Jenna can be reached at (562) 777-4061 or through email at

Post a Comment

Your email will not be published as part of your comment.

Biola University
13800 Biola Ave. La Mirada, CA 90639
© Biola University, Inc. All Rights Reserved.